On 17 and 18 October a High-level Conference on the European Social Charter will take place. This conference will bring together representatives from the Member States (47) and institutions of the Council of Europe as well as the European Union. The following issues are on the agenda:
- The relationship between European Union Law and the Social Charter,
- The development of the collective complaint procedure,
- The economic crisis and social rights.
CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE ANESC
At the meeting of the General Assembly in Paris, on 29 November 2013, the Network decided to contribute to this High-level Conference, which it considers to be of a strategic value for the future of the European Social Charter.
The first way of contribution consists of participating to the discussions of the Conference, through the three panels. The ANESC will be represented by
- Prof. Olivier DE SCHUTTER (University of Louvain, Belgium. Panel 1),
- Prof. Jean-François AKANDJI-KOMBÉ (University of Paris 1, Panthéon- Sorbonne, France. Panel 2),
- Prof Urfan KHALIQ (University of Cardiff, UK. Panel 2),
- Prof. Giovanni GUIGLIA (University of Verone, Italy. Panel 3).
The second way is a round table organized by the Network itself on the day before the Conference (16 oct.). The aim of this round table is to report on the analyses and propositions drawn up by the Network on the topics dealt with by the Conference.
The third and last way consists of a general paper of the ANESC, to address to each Delegation to the Conference, as a working and reference document.
In fine, the fourth way consists in papers produced by individual members of the ANESC.
Lire cette page en FR